The lettings process
The letting process for landlords and tenants
Landlords: Our five steps for successfully letting your property
1. Obtain an accurate valuation – You obviously will wish to let your property at the best possible price and in the time frame that suits you. We have an unparalleled knowledge of property values in your area, understand the current market conditions and trends and will advise on the best approach to maximise a successful letting.
2. Selecting your estate agent - Consider their presence, track record and what kind of marketing your property will receive. These are critical to obtaining the maximum exposure and price for your property.
There is an increasingly complex amount of legislative compliance that needs to be dealt with when letting a property. Your Victorstone representative will explain everything to you and make the while process as simple and straightforward as possible.
3. Presenting your property – First impressions count. Address any maintenance jobs you have been meaning to get done. We shall be pleased to advise and/or arrange any pre let works that need to be carried out.
4. Marketing your property - To find your perfect tenant, your property needs maximum exposure across a wide range of media.
When you instruct us to let your property you will benefit from our comprehensive marketing package, including: huge exposure via our website and the major property portals, full colour property details, display in our well sited branch offices and access to our large database of prospective tenants.
In addition our membership of the Guild of Property Professionals and Relocation Agent Network gives us access to potential tenants via our vast network of partner agents.
5. Receiving an offer - As soon as an offer is received we will notify you both verbally and in writing.
Any special conditions of the offer will also be stated in writing and we will check the tenant's ability to proceed before you decide whether to accept the offer.
Once you accept an offer we will do the following:
- Prepare a tenancy agreement
- Undertake due diligence checks on the tenant
- Ensure all safety certificates are in place
- Ensure a professional inventory is recorded
- Ensure a security deposit is taken
- Ensure all legal compliance is completed
- Put in place arrangements to collect the rent
On the basis that we are managing the property, our property management team will liaise with all parties and take over the ongoing running of the tenancy.
Tenants: If you are a prospective tenant considering renting a property, our team of trained professionals are here to guide you through every step of the process. Below is our seven step guide to successfully renting:
Step 1, Register your interest:
The first step to finding the right property is to register with us either by calling into our branches, emailing or phoning us. You can discuss your property requirements with a member of our knowledgeable lettings team.
Step 2, Finding the right property:
Once we have a clear understanding of your requirements, we will inform you of properties that match your criteria. We will also keep you constantly up-to-date when the latest properties become available.
Step 3, Consider a managed property:
An increasing number of tenants insist on renting fully managed properties for complete peace of mind. Renting a managed property has the benefit of our dedicated property management team to handle your day-to-day issues and emergency contact details should a problem arise.
By renting through Victorstone, you will also have the assurance that your property is fully compliant with all safety regulations (including Gas Safety, Electrical Safety and Furniture and Furnishings acts).
Step 4, The key to successful viewings:
In order to secure a property we recommend an early viewing. We will accompany you throughout so that we are on hand to answer any questions immediately and advise where necessary.
Step 5, Making an offer
Once you have identified a suitable property you will be required to complete an application for tenancy where you may state any special conditions of the offer and provide details for your references. We will then communicate this offer to the landlord. We will also take an administration fee and holding deposit.
Step 6, Offer agreed
If your offer is accepted we will organise the following regardless of whether your property is managed:
- Collect references from the referees that you have provided
- Arrange signing of the Tenancy Agreement
- Collect your moving in payment (rent + deposit)
- We will arrange the check-in and inventory
Step 7, Completion
Upon completion, you will be given a set of keys and if your property is managed we will provide you with your dedicated property manager’s contact details and a dedicated login to your property file via this website where information relating to your tenancy, advice and access to our property maintenance reporting system 24/7/365.